Saturday, June 12, 2010

Confessions. I admit....

Well, my new love is ebay. Yes, my friends, ebay.  I am not a millionaire (yet) and I am not a huge fan of shipping and standing in line at the post office with 4 kids in tow.....but I am addicted I believe.  I didn't make a ton of money on my initial listings.  But thankfully, I listed them during the promotional week of "free listings"--no insertion fee.  Saved me at least $15 or so.  The fees are what kicked my trash.  Between ebay and paypal, I was considering if it was worth it....but yes, I believe so. Once I get the hang of it, I think it will prove to be an amazing endeavor.  One more to add to my thousand other projects on the table. 
I listed 19 items and sold 7.  Some things I listed at too low of a price...and others maybe too high.  I sold mostly clothing.  Mostly new with tags (NWT) items which sell well. But clearly there weren't a ton of people interested in the stuff I was selling.  Maybe there was a reason i was selling it.... mostly items that were given to me as gifts but I didn't like--some I did but wrong seasons for my kids sizes, etc.  So another confession--
I REGIFT. Yes, I do.  If I don't think my kids will wear it, if I don't like it, if it is not my style--I regift if it is cute. If it is not, EBAY is the winner.  (Do not worry, if you are reading this blog, I did not regift your baby gift or recent birthday present because YOU have good taste.  You are reading my blog aren't you?)  Some things I sold were cute.  But I didn't need them. Like the pair of cute Limited Too girls jeans I got at a yard sale.  I ended up losing money on those due to those darn fees. Dangit.  I am giong to have to get this down to a science.
But a beautfiul layette set that I got as a gift sold for $11!  I would have never been able to get that money at a consignment shop or at a yard sale!  I sold it because I have plenty of stuff that size and didn't need it. It was very cute.
So if you have stuff that you don't wear that is still in good shape...ebay my friends is the way to go.  Try it out.  You just might make yourself a buck or two. Or eleven.

No comments:

Post a Comment