Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My love affair with eBay

let me just tell you how much i LOVE ebay....

I ADORE ebay.

I LOVE ebay.

I WANT TO SMOOCHIE the creator of ebay (on the cheek of course).

I have made some great sales on ebay this last month and purchased some great deals.  Here's one I will share with you...

A Louis Feraud skirt I bought at Goodwill for about $1 (for my Wicked Witch of the West costume for Halloween) sold for a whopping $50!  I even scored a few extra dollars on shipping. Which is far better than LOSING money on shipping (I have learned my lesson a time or 2, or 7).

Yes, I realize only my face was green, but who really wants to paint their ENTIRE body green--it is HOT in Florida on Halloween--I was not about to wear a long sleeved shirt!

 If you are listing items on ebay, don't forget to give yourself a little wiggle room to pay for your "handling." I try to stay as close to the true cost of shipping as possible but every once in a while the shipping will bite you in the bootie and be a little more than you expected so you may lose some. You have to account in the cost of packaging, delivery confirmation plus time and gas to and from the Post Office if you are having to go there.  Obvioulsy you can't charge an arm and a leg for shipping, but if you are over by a dollar or two, you not only deserve it, you have SPENT it on packing materials and everything else.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I love your themed Halloween costumes! I have been selling & buying on eBay for 12 years or so. Love it!! I always sell my kids clothes when we are done with them. And I learned the shipping fees lesson the hard way too. :0)

    ReplyDelete