Monday, June 18, 2012

Playing in the RAIN

It was last Sunday evening.  Here in Florida we have been having A LOT of rain.  If you have never experienced a heavy rain down pour, think of the heaviest rain you have seen... and times it by say, a million.  It was like borderline tropical storm. And what did this awesome mom do? 

WE WENT OUT IN THE RAIN.  POURING TORRENTIAL RAIN.

Now normally I don't do this very often.  Especially on a Sunday.  But really, after making our list of all of the fun things we wanted to do this summer, the little kid in me wanted to go out and play in ALL OF THAT RAIN.  When I was a kid it did not rain like this where I am from.  When it stormed whether a wind or rain or snow storm, I loved to go outside and BE IN the storm.  I knew my kids would JUMP at this chance.

So clothes and all, we all went out and played in the flooded streets and splashed each other and dumped buckets of water on each other! We had a great time!  We stood under the "spout" of water that was flowing from the roof. There was so much rain our mulch from our garden beds was floating away! When the lightning got dangerous,  all of the girls piled in my huge tub and had a big ol' bubbly bath.  I will spare you the naked pictures.

I wish I had pictures of us playing outside but alas I WAS BUSY PLAYING OUTSIDE.  I hope this is a memory they won't need pictures of because it was so fun they will remember every detail.


Here's to our TV FREE SUMMER!  Another fun day down.  I wonder what we will check off the list tomorrow......

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome! I am really curious if your hubby joined in the fun?? I think you have inspired me to put "play in the rain" on our summer list too! :0)

    ReplyDelete