Sunday, June 10, 2012

TV FREE Summer

We don't have cable.  We don't have satellite.  We don't have Netflix or any other service of any kind.  In the girls' play room we have an old box TV and a DVD/VCR player.  My girls have been waking up in the morning lately and putting on a movie first thing.  At first it wasn't such a big deal.  The first day of summer it was ok.  They watched a movie, did their chores, then we headed out for errands and fun. Then the next day.  Movie again.  Not a huge deal.  We got our chores done.  We packed for our trip.  But I made a decision that day.  I am taking away the DVD player.  FOR THE WHOLE SUMMER.  I am seeing a habit forming that I am not liking.  My girls have plenty of toys.  They have incredible imaginations.  They have each other.  So this summer we are going to have a TV FREE SUMMER except for our Family Fun Night.  Usually we watch a movie as a family once a week.  Sometimes we do other things if Dad is home.  So that is it.  We are going UNPLUGGED.  And I can't wait to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment