Tuesday, July 24, 2012

New Hardware=NEW LOOK

Do you have a piece of furniture that is still in great condition, you spent a ton of money on (or at least ANY money), you don't want to get rid of it, but there is just something about it that says UGLY?
I have hated the hardware on this since I bought it.  It is part of our bedroom set that we purchased 5 years ago. It is one of the only things we have purchased NEW.  I prefer painted wood, but my husband likes stained.  At the time I decided to be fine with it....knowing that someday it may get painted....but the hardware, that had to go.  5 years later I am finally getting around to it. Antiqued brass I love, this 80s brass hardware was not working for me in my bedroom.

A trip to TARGET and found these babies on clearance. Not my favorite, but still much better than what I had.  Hardware can be expensive--usually the MOST EXPENSIVE part of a furniture makeover if you are changing it out.  But worth it.  Besides the LOOK of the other hardware, it had other issues.  The holes were drilled slightly too far apart.  So literally almost every time you touched them, the center pull would FALL OFF. I was constantely having to put them back on. Annoying. The one on the bottom as you can see in the first picture never made it back on the last time. And every time you shut or opened the drawer the pull (if it stayed on by holding it carefully) would bang against the wood and was starting to leave marks.  So this was also a preventative measure to damaging the finish and the wood.  These came in packs of 4 or 6---I can't remember off the top of my head. I bought some others on sale too!  But I really probably paid maybe $1-$1.50 for each.  Worth it in every way!

No comments:

Post a Comment