Thursday, July 5, 2012

Busy Busy Me

So the last few weeks have unfortunately NOT been filled with some of my planned projects.  Instead I had plenty of OTHER things to do that came up that were still very worthy of my time.

I had a Scentsy party with old friends and new alike in a sweet place where I used to live.  Not only did I get to catch up with some friends, I made a few more pennies. Yippee!  Have you heard of Scentsy? It has been around for a few years so most people have seen or heard.  But if you haven't, check out my website   www.annah.scentsy.us

I helped my dear prego friend prep and paint her nursery and do some other things around her house while her husband is out.  Brave woman.  I am not sure I could live without my husband for that long. Even for a good cause. I consider myself a strong woman, but not that tough.  This week I am planning and preparing for her baby shower which is this weekend.  I am also working on a shelf for her baby's nursery.  I will show pictures of everything when I am done.

We cleaned house, cleaned teeth (not one, but 2 dentists visits) and had relatives in town. Celebrated birthdays of grandmas (one was a great-grandmother in fact) and ate lots of chocolate cake.  Now this was REALLY worth my time.

My girls love when their cousins come to town.  Not only did we play and have a grand ol' time just at our house and at the grandparents' place, we hit the beach not once but TWICE.  We even walked away without sunburns.  I love myself some Banana Boat sunscreen at the beach. My favorites are Banana Boat Baby 50 and Banana Boat Surf.  I swear by them. ONE APPLICATION lasts all day IN THE WATER.  We didn't get sunburned but we did bring back plenty of shells and memories. My older girls and I went surfing. It was so nice to not only have my husband there but also the grandparents--the Abuelitos---we call them Lito and Lita.  Always nice to have a few extra pairs of hands and eyes at the beach.  And of course my husband's sister, the girls "Tia" and her kids.  The beach is one hundred time more fun with cousins to play and surf with.

This week I have to kick it into high gear to get back on track to finish some projects I have planned for July.  We will be headed out of town for most of August. But for now, it is off to the library.  I have to make sure and remember to keep things in perspective too---I am a MOM, first and foremost.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to have to buy that sunscreen! My kids get burned under their eyes all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say it's so fun to hear how you're doing. Sounds like life is treating you very well. I do have to say I think it's funny that so many people sell Sentsy. The CEO, Orville Thompson and I graduated high school together. Such a small world.

    ReplyDelete